Monday 15th June 2020
The women’s section of the Royal British Legion offers two separate bursaries for eligible beneficiaries: Educational Scholarships and Educational Grants.
Educational Scholarships of up to £1,500 are available to the dependants of current and former Service personnel*. Dependant children applying for this scholarship must be 21 or under. Funding can only be considered for a first degree. No funding can be considered for Postgraduate or overseas studies.
Up to £1,500 may be awarded to beneficiaries and is usually granted towards the cost of university accommodation.
To qualify for an Educational Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a dependant of a current or former serviceperson and 21 or under when making their initial application. However, funding can be provided until the age of 23 for existing recipients.
- Be studying for their first Undergraduate degree.
- Not studying a Postgraduate qualification and not studying overseas.
- Be in financial hardship and have applied for full Student Loan, Grant, and/or other statutory assistance available.
Please download the PAS Scholarship Application Form and the Application Guidance Notes. If you have previously received the Scholarship and wish to apply for funding for the next academic year, please use this Scholarship Continuation Application Form.
Educational grants of up to £500 are available to current and former service personnel, child dependants and spouses/partners* wishing to complete educational courses or re-training schemes. No funding can be considered for Postgraduate or overseas studies.
Up to £500 can be awarded towards costs associated with completing your course such as books, equipment, travel, and uniform. A grant towards course costs may be considered exceptionally by the Committee.
To apply for an Educational Grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be the dependant child of a current or former serviceperson, or ;
- Be ex-service personnel, or;
- Be the spouse/partner* of a Serving or ex-Serviceman or woman
- Not be studying a Postgraduate qualification and not studying overseas.
- Be in financial hardship and have applied for any statutory assistance available, e.g. Student Finance if applicable.
For exact beneficiary definitions* and details on how to apply you can go to the Women’s Section of the RBL website.
The latest information delivered to your inbox
This story comes to you as part of the RAF FF’s themed month of June for all things relating to employment and training. As well as our online reference section, you can keep yourself up to date with the information and advice – available by signing up to our (free) weekly eBulletin and/or quarterly Envoy magazine.