Tuesday 31st August 2021
Navigating dementia can be challenging, and can impact all walks of life. The RAF Association is running three training courses to help support members of the RAF community who are caring for someone living with dementia.
The training course will include information about dementia, sources of support, self-help for carers, and the opportunity to talk with people in a similar situation. The course is open to serving personnel, their families, and anyone else working as part of the Serving RAF Community. This includes people working directly on the Stations below, with attendees also very welcome from nearby Stations.
- RAF Benson, Training Development Flight, on 13th October
- RAF Cranwell, Station Learning Centre, on 26th October
- RAF Leeming, Training Development Flight, on 27th October
All training days will run from 9.30 am to 4 pm.
Dress: civilian attire, no uniform please.
Refreshments: light refreshments will be available throughout the day, but attendees are asked to either bring in their own lunch, or to buy lunch at facilities nearby during the 1-hour lunch break.
To attend a training course, please book your place by emailing [email protected] and include the below information:
- Contact information: email address and telephone number
- Whether you are serving personnel, a family member of someone serving, or RAF civilian employee
- Whether you have access to the Station already. If you don’t have access already, we will book you in so please include your vehicle make, model and registration number so that access can be granted.
Deadlines for registering
- RAF Benson – midday on Friday 8th October.
- RAF Cranwell – midday on Thursday 21st October
- RAF Leeming – midday on Friday 22nd October
To find out more about the support the RAF Association provide you can visit their website, RAF Association – Navigating Dementia.