Thursday 11th August 2022
Little Troopers has announced new dates for its All Together deployment club. From September to December the charity has lots of fun events and activities planned to support tri-service military children while their parents are serving away from home, including a residential weekend for military teens.
The project aims to bring together children who have a parent deployed, giving them the opportunity to meet with others in a similar situation. They can spend time together and access support during one of the most challenging times of Armed Forces life.
21st – 23rd October: Residential for military teens
Aimed at children aged 13yrs+, Little Troopers will bring together 25 tri-service military teens whose parents are deployed over half term and take them on a residential break for two nights in Richmond, North Yorkshire. Hosted at the Marrick Priory Outdoor Residential Centre, the teens will come together to make new friends and enjoy a packed itinerary of outdoor adventures. Activities will range from rock climbing to high ropes, raft building and archery. The charity will also be running some military wellbeing sessions across the weekend, helping the children to explore some of the unique challenges they face as a forces teen. Families can now register their interest through this online form.
LIVE online events for under 10s
Across Autumn/Winter 2022 Little Troopers has organised a series of exciting live online events aimed at children under 10. Kicking-off with a very special workshop with Pineapple Dance Studios, there will also be mindfulness sessions, science, space and baking activities to make sure there is something for everyone! Each interactive session will start by welcoming all the little troopers, introducing them to each other and reminding them what a special part they play in our unique Armed Forces community. Families can now book on to the sessions through the Little Troopers online form.
- 10th September, 10:00am – Mindful Kids: An online session introducing children to the calming benefits of focusing their minds; providing them with useful and practical tools to help them navigate life’s demands and discover the peace and calm within themselves.
- 24th September, 10:00am – Pineapple Dance Studios: Join a team of professional West End trained performers and learn some Abbatastic dance routines from the smash hit musical Mamma Mia!
- 8th October, 10:00am – Sciencedipity: A kitchen colourful chemistry session where kids can learn all about science with hands-on and interesting activities using items from home.
- 25th October, 10:00am – ZooLab: Go on a journey through the rainforest – with real rainforest animals and a presenter who knows the rainforest inside out! Experience the drama of the rainforest – from the dark forest floor to the dizzy heights of the emergent layer!
- 29th October, 10:00am – Halloween Bake: Join Cookies Kitchen for this online Halloween themed bake along! Ingredients list and recipe details will be sent prior to session.
- 12th November, 10:00am – Space Detectives: Take a journey through the Solar System and investigate the planets in this highlight interactive session. Learn about their origins and discover how our ancestors would have viewed them using augmented reality technology.
- 26th November, 10:00am – Mindful Kids: An online session introducing children to the calming benefits of focusing their minds; providing them with useful and practical tools to help them navigate life’s demands and discover the peace and calm within themselves.
- 17th December, 10:00am – Christmas Bake: Join Cookies Kitchen for this online Christmas themed bake along! Ingredients list and recipe details will be sent prior to session.
Louise Fetigan, founder of Little Troopers, said:
“All Together” is the only tri-service initiative open to all military children who have a parent deployed. Our aim is to reach as many children as possible to bring them together in different ways and to help them feel part of a special community of other little troopers who are going through the same experience.”
For more information about Little Troopers All Together and to learn more about other initiatives the charity has in place to support service children, visit the Little Troopers website.