Monday 7th August 2023
X-Forces Enterprise (XFE) has announced new dates for its popular 3-day self-employment training course. It is designed exclusively for Armed Forces spouses, partners and family members, looking to explore alternative employment options.
The 3-Day Self-Employment Discovery course is an amazing opportunity to develop valuable enterprise skills, learn all about the self-employment landscape, determine the viability of any business idea and network with other spouses, partners and family members going on a similar journey to you.
The online workshop will be over three dates: 20th September, 26th September and 3rd October.
The course content will cover:
- The pros and cons of self-employment
- Understanding what starting a business means for you, your family and your finances
- Attributes of a successful entrepreneur
- Explore what support is available, and how to access it
- Peer-to-peer support & networking opportunities through XFE
- What it is to be a business owner – facts and misconceptions.
- In-depth analysis of the business plan -– to enable individuals to understand their business in context.
- Marketing – market research, understanding the market, competitors, marketing oneself effectively.
- Money and finance -– covered in an accessible, interactive way enabling individuals to understand what to consider and how to apply it and risk mitigation.
- Networking, Connections, Support.
- Legal aspects -– covering various points from intellectual property to legal set-ups for starting a business.
- Sustainability -– including on-going client management and client acquisition, building out and developing a business plan over time.
- Growth and how to manage it – staff recruitment.
In order to participate in the online course, you will need a personal laptop or tablet with webcam and microphone enabled, and a stable broadband connection with at least 2Mbps spare bandwidth and a fixed, quiet environment. The course will take place via Zoom.
You will be emailed further information nearer the course, including how to get online & join the virtual workshop for free.
Michelle Williams said: “Starting a business can be very daunting and, at times, quite an isolating experience. Having the XFE team there to support you, including individuals who have specialist knowledge and expertise in access to finance, was really helpful.
Getting going initially can be hard if you don’t have a business background, but XFE were on hand to explain concepts like cash flow and setting up a business plan. It was also really useful to speak to others, like me, on the workshops and to exchange knowledge and solutions to mutual problems.”
Register your interest or find out more at Tri-Service Spouses and Families: Self-Employment Discovery 3 Day Course