The RAF Museum now offer curriculum-linked workshops for Primary and Secondary school students, both at the Museum or delivered direct to your classroom if you are unable to visit in-person. Take a look at what you and your school could be looking forward to…
Brought to you by the London Learning team: onsite and online workshops
Brought to you by the Midlands Learning team: onsite workshops and online workshops
From September 2021
The Museum are offering our full schools programme, which includes onsite or online workshops.
You can download a copy of the Primary Schools Programme or Secondary Schools Programme which have full descriptions of all the workshops.
At the Museum
The onsite workshops are available term-time weekdays at 10.30am, 11.30am and 12.30pm. All sessions are suitable for classes of up to 30 pupils, unless otherwise stated.
Duration: 45-60 minutes
(Sky Writing and Pilot Skills, 75-90 minutes)
Cost: £60.00 per workshop per class
(Sky Writing and Pilot Skills, £90 per class)
(KS3 Science Show and KS3/4 Pilots of the Caribbean are £60.00 per class and can accommodate up to 5 classes in one performance)
Not able to visit the Museum? You can also access the sessions online.
What you need to know about our online sessions:
- Delivered by DBS checked staff from the Museum’s Access & Learning team
- Played direct into your nursery / classroom using Microsoft Teams ‘Meetings’ function. A link will be sent to your school / nursery email account and you simply need to click on it on the date and time you have selected. If you don’t have Microsoft Teams installed, this isn’t a problem.
- Requires one computer and screen per classroom, plus camera and microphone
- We are happy to run a tech-check with you in advance of the session
- Your class will be able to see Museum staff and interact with them in sessions where there is a live Q and A
- There may be other schools or classes attending the session. You can choose whether or not to turn your camera and microphone on or off at any point. Numbers are carefully controlled to ensure that each school / class has an opportunity to interact with the workshop facilitator
- Sessions will not be recorded (unless we explicitly request your permission e.g. for training purposes)
- Duration: 30-45 minutes (Pilots of the Caribbean – up to 1 hour)
- Cost: £30.00 per session per school (more than one class can participate)
If you would like to book a session, please use the online booking form.
See also: Building resilience with military families