Friday 11th January 2019
Northamptonshire County Council are currently recruiting for a fixed term, full time Armed Forces Covenant Partnership Officer based in Northampton. Closing date for applications is midday on 28 January 2019.
You will work to improve the lives of our Armed Forces Community and coordinate the partnership’s aims and objectives and cover the following areas;
• Physical and Mental Health and wellbeing
• Support delivery of the agenda across all partner organisations and coordinate introduction of new services and processes.
• Engagement with the armed forces community
• Liaison with local military charities in respect of service delivery
• Liaison with the Ministry of Defence and local and regional military representatives
• Increasing awareness of the covenant and delivering related training
• Maintaining and updating the covenant website
• To be a single point of contact for all covenant issues
• Work with regional and national covenant networks
• Event management
An ideal candidate will have knowledge of military life, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate well and a passion for improving the lives of the community. Project management experience, report writing and budget management skills are also essential.
The post is fixed term until 31st March 2021.
The full job description and general information for applicants is available on the Public Sector Jobs East website.