Once you have been notified of your Service Family Accommodation (SFA) allocation, you will need to make the necessary arrangements for moving into your SFA. You can find useful information on how to make this as stress-free as possible in the Moving in section of the Pinnacle website.


On arrival at your new SFA, you should expect to find your accommodation to be of a certain standard of repair and cleanliness. The contractors (Amey, Pinnacle, VIVO) will endeavour to bring your new home up to the Move-in standard before you move in. Details on move in standards including a checklist can be found in the Moving In section on the Pinnacle website.

14 day welcome visit

If you spot an issues with your SFA as you move in you should record these with the Housing Officer who is conducting your March In. You will also arrange your 14 day welcome visit during your March In – This visit gives you the opportunity to report any questions, concerns or issues you have with the Housing Officer. The 14 day observation form will be completed with yourself and the Housing Officer where you can record your concerns, if any, that do not require repairing (carpet stain etc.).

If you find an issue that needs repairing in the first 14 days please raise a repair request as normal.

Registering dissatisfaction

As the occupant it is your responsibility to register your dissatisfaction with the condition of your new SFA with Amey’s Accommodation Officer on Move-in day or within a 14-day period immediately following your Move-in date.

The Occupancy Form is the legal document that the Licensee, or their Proxy, signs to say they are happy that the property meets Move-in standards. It is suggested that you insist that the Accommodation Officer annotates that Form with your significant concerns, if any, about the Move-in Standard. Once you have moved in, you will have the opportunity, 14 days, to detail your other observations about the property.

The Local Area

The local RAF HIVE is an excellent source of information about the area that you are moving to and they will be able to provide you with a copy of the Station handbook. You can find out where your nearest HIVE is by taking a look at the directory on the RAF Community website.

The New Unit

You can also find out more about the unit you are moving to on the RAF Website.