Monday 18th March 2019
Today BFBS announces Social Media Spouses, the UK’s first free online social media training programme for military spouses and partners. The course is funded by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust and applications open in May.
Social Media Spouses addresses a real need amongst military spouses and partners to obtain the skills they need to find flexible and interesting work that fits around military and family life. As well as being the first dedicated course to offer them detailed training on how to use social media to grow their business, or to find a career in social media.
This 12-week course is designed by social media experts, to offer military spouses the opportunity to build up professional skills, ultimately enabling them to become social media professionals.
The online course will focus on the following areas of social media;
- Social Media Platforms: How each platform’s algorithms work, along with effective strategies to make content stand out
- Campaign Planning: Plan, implement and evaluate social media campaigns
- Community Management: How to grow and engage an audience, how to moderate comments and discussions, and how to deal with difficult situations
- Photography: Learn how to take truly show-stopping images using a phone
- Videos: Create professional social media videos using a smartphone
- Ads: Using paid-for advertising on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Analytics: Using each of the major platforms’ built-in analytics tools
Course Leader Jackie Rautenbach, BFBS Social Media Manager says;
“As a military wife I understand the challenges that spouses and partners face in finding employment that fits around military life. Even though there has been an increase in support for spouses and partners to set up their own businesses and find employment, no other course offers them free training in social media – the first port of call for any business or organisation. That’s why this is so important and will hopefully provide the much-needed support for these individuals in their chosen careers.”
Those who secure a place on the Social Media Spouses course, which is part of the Forces Media Academy, will also become part of an exclusive social media community. Here they will receive advice on careers in social media, content or campaigns, plus ongoing support and feedback from the experts on anything related to social media.
The course will be completed through a learning platform which can be accessed from anywhere around the world. Applications will open in May, but military spouses and partners can register their interest now via the website or by joining the Facebook group.
See also: Employment and training